Author Topic: High DPI support - tiny interface fonts - not working windows scaling  (Read 1762 times)

We now mostly follow the VFX Platform guidelines in term of software versions, so we should update our Qt version at some point to align for 2021. So it will happen sooner than later, but I can't commit on any date. See: https://vfxplatform.com/
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

We now mostly follow the VFX Platform guidelines in term of software versions, so we should update our Qt version at some point to align for 2021. So it will happen sooner than later, but I can't commit on any date. See: https://vfxplatform.com/

Yes!!! That is very good information. Thank you Sir :)

I am just surprised that Designer is scaling OK, so it is using different QT version?

Froyok,
on Feb. 03 you wrote this:

The application should follow the system setting, so that looks like a potential bug.

Whatever you now write about frameworks etc. is interesting but does help me and maybe other users.

I totally agree with you: "THE APPLICATION SHOULD FOLLOW THE SYSTEM SETTING"

Don't get me wrong, I like your software and the ecosystem around it (I am happy we finally got UDIM support). But I don't like to use it. I don't like that year after year I have to live with a user interface that does not work well. I don't like that your software hinders me to buy a display of my choice because your UI potentially won't work well on it. I don't like that I need to stick to a low res tablet display because I fear the UI won't work well on a high res one.

Whoever in your company decides about development priorities should be informed that the user interface is an IMPORTANT FEATURE. And those people should also be informed that "it is somebody elses fault" is not what customers like to hear. I might understand this, I might have sympathy with you, but years and years have passed and there is still not a solution. Personally my sympathy about how difficult it is to develop a fully working user interface is down to zero.

I really hope your company reconsiders the priorities and finds a solution for a fully working system aware dpi scaling on Windows.

And yes, I know I am just a single user who will be forgotten a few posts later. But at least I can let your company know how frustrating it is to use your otherwise great software.