Author Topic: SP 2021 - Masks artefacts  (Read 741 times)

Hello,
I'm getting a strange bug with the masks in the last version.
At a moment, some mask will broke, I need to do a ctrl+x / ctrl+v to fix it.

What's doesn't work:
- switching textureset
- activate/deactivate the mask
- touching a layer/fill layer inside the smart material
- activate/deactivate layers in the smart material

The problem appears with the black/white mask and the new submesh mask feature.
The bug is really annoying and I couldn't reproduced it, it appears randomly.

I'm using a 3080 FE with the last driver (461.40). Never had this bug in painter before this update.

PS: I forgot to export the log. I will update this post when the bug will appear again with the log.
PPS: My stencil bug is still here too (see other post).

Thanks

Please follow the guidelines on how to report an issue: https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,22451.0.html
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hi,
Had the problem again this morning after starting painting on a fill layer.

I exported the log when I saw the problem.

PS: I had the stencil problem too during this short session (can't paint in 3D view) maybe the log can help too.

Do you have this issue with other projects ?
Is the issue only with the 2021.1 version ?
Do you think you could show a video of the bug when it happens again ? Just to get an overview of your layer stack and the steps you do to "fix" the problem.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I think I experience exactly the same problem. My workaround (as I work with UV Tiles) is to disable and then reenable one of the meshes in geometry mask. This bring the mask back to normal.

Here is a small gif:
Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 02:14:01 pm

Do you have this issue with other projects ?
Is the issue only with the 2021.1 version ?
Do you think you could show a video of the bug when it happens again ? Just to get an overview of your layer stack and the steps you do to "fix" the problem.
Only in 2021 version yes.
I will activate the NVIDIA Replay for recording the problem when it appears.
I didn't tested other projects for now, my current project is almost done, I will run some test later this week end ;)

I think I experience exactly the same problem. My workaround (as I work with UV Tiles) is to disable and then reenable one of the meshes in geometry mask. This bring the mask back to normal.

Here is a small gif:

It look like the same bug yes, for me, playing with mesh mask doesn't work, only solution is cut/past the material.

Hello,
Update concerning the bug.
I had it yesterday but couldn't record with Nvidia Replay (no idea why).
Had it again today but in a smaller way, and for the first time deactivate / reactivate the mask worked.

https://youtu.be/CvdHnzLWNc8

I cut the 2 first minutes where you saw me just paint, but I keep a bit before the problem for you to see the layers etc ...

Hope it help :)

Hey,
just want to know how it goes with this annoying bug ? and for the stencil bug too :)

Thanks

Sorry for the delay, I missed your previous message it seems.
Looking at the video, can you tell me if I understood it right: you use the Polygon Fill to to select/paint some geometry parts in the mask but the texturing doesn't update until you hide/unhide another layer ?
-----------

I select / paint mesh parts with polygon fill (UV) yes, and the problem appear at 0:30 when by deactivating a folder with layers inside, the all material was broken.
I had to deactivate / reactivate the mask of the material to "fix" it.

any update here ?