Author Topic: Export to SP & Live Link not working UE4.26 / SP 7.1.0 on certain models  (Read 568 times)

Hi all,

I'm just getting started with SP so I may be doing something wrong, but I cannot get the materials on my model to update in UE4. I have 'enable streaming' activated under Live Link configuration. Are there any settings I need to change in UE4?

UPDATE
I was able to get it to work properly with a simple sphere static mesh. The issue seems to be with my model (which has been giving me headaches even just trying to import it into SP).

I was able to finally get it to import, almost by chance as I have been unable to re-create my steps successfully.

In UE4 it looks like this:

And then in SP it looks like this (when the import does not work - I was able to get it to import one time and not be scrambled, however I am thinking the issue is still there):

I am disabling collisions etc on export. When it imports I get an error saying something about polygons being too small to compute etc.

I'm now wondering if this is what the issue is? And if so, has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks!

Ant
Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 08:16:20 pm

Hi all,

I'm just getting started with SP so I may be doing something wrong, but I cannot get the materials on my model to update in UE4. I have 'enable streaming' activated under Live Link configuration. Are there any settings I need to change in UE4?

UPDATE
I was able to get it to work properly with a simple sphere static mesh. The issue seems to be with my model (which has been giving me headaches even just trying to import it into SP).

I was able to finally get it to import, almost by chance as I have been unable to re-create my steps successfully.

In UE4 it looks like this:

And then in SP it looks like this (when the import does not work - I was able to get it to import one time and not be scrambled, however I am thinking the issue is still there):

I am disabling collisions etc on export. When it imports I get an error saying something about polygons being too small to compute etc.

I'm now wondering if this is what the issue is? And if so, has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks!

Ant

Hey @Ant J. Fallon 0 ,

Were you able to find out the issue with your mesh? Just following up to make sure that the issue was not with the plugin. If you could, can you post a link to your mesh so we can look at the issue?