Author Topic: Weird looking exports  (Read 542 times)

Hello guys, i have no idea whats wrong with my exports. I tried to fix up an old texture of mine and it ended up looking like this
Diffuse:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KlqJb1aWqDCDsxRELCoB0mITY-1HDyTQ/view?usp=sharing
Normals:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xn2yE6UCOi8o0yDGAbU9_7CHewkOz_PO/view?usp=sharing

I think that by looking at the diffuse and then at the normal map its completely obvious that something is very wrong here, the thing is i have no idea what it is. Wherever is normal information on the mesh it just appears as big white chunks on the diffuse map. Why is this happening and how can i fix it? I could export the textures correctly before.
I think it should be noted that i changed the normal format from DirectX to OpenGl and then rebaked. Any ideas or suggestions?

Does the texture look correct when applied to the mesh?
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

In the viewport of substance painter everything looks as it is supposed to. But ingame no, it looks really bad when i apply the diffuse and then the normal, it appears like the diffuse overlays the normal map with the white chunk of colour. This white chunk IS NOT supposed to be there at all i dont know why it appears in the export.

It is hard to say without seeing some files. There are a few reasons why this can happen. If you can share the .spp maybe or replicate this problem I will look into it.
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

In the viewport of substance painter everything looks as it is supposed to. But ingame no, it looks really bad when i apply the diffuse and then the normal, it appears like the diffuse overlays the normal map with the white chunk of colour. This white chunk IS NOT supposed to be there at all i dont know why it appears in the export.
Please attach some comparison images and your log file as well.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thank you for awnsering and sorry for the delayed response! I fixed my issue, turns out, while i was painting the normal map i generated from blender, i had diffuse and colour maps enabled. That ended up painting upon my normals and exporting some weird looking diffuse maps. I took the eraser tool and set it only on colour and diffuse and fixed my issue. Thanks!