Author Topic: Didnt recieve the substance painter key  (Read 1083 times)

Why when downloaded the Substance Painter Key do I only get the substance designer and the substance alchemist keys and not the substance painter one!

This is a major issue because I have a deadline for my work and I need to be able to use substance painter ASAP.

PLEASE HELP

Same here. But I can't use the username/pass method either.
Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 03:23:15 pm

I have exactly the same issue...
Valid licenses showing under my account online, but when I try to activate online it says "no valid licenses"!
When I then try to download the license files manually it downloads a .zip file containing only the designer and alchemist license files and no painter one! It should have all three.

I too am trying to finish a piece of work and this is hugely frustrating!
Please advise on a fix ASAP!

was about the make a post of my own with the same issue. im in the middle of global game jam and cant use painter :(

same here :(

what to to ?

Same here, my license expired so I tried to get a new one but the Substance Painter key was missing in the .zip file…
I also tried with another mail address, same issue : it doesn't want to give me the Painter key !

What do we have to do ?? Help :( I really need Substance Painter for school.

We are looking into the issue and will post an update here asap!

#MeToo

Actually I think it is so disappointing that you are still having all this trouble with licensensing.
First I tried activate painter with my account information. No valid license it said. Purchased a whole year to day.
Then I filed a support case. Waiting for help, which can take 48 hrs, even longer if there is a weekend involved, I decided to download key. And what did I find??? No painter key file. Now I remember all the struggles I had the last time I was a customer and had to figure out how to be able to use the programs I have paid for. It is close to shocking that you don`t put some effort into solving this crazy problem that stress your customers and put them in a tough spot at work and school.

We are looking into the issue and will post an update here asap!

Any news on an update yet?

The issue should now be resolved, we apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if anything breaks again.
Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 12:49:29 am

It is solved for me, thank you very much !