Author Topic: Failed to import...Failed to create asset. Any help for this?  (Read 2420 times)

UE 4.25.4

I receive this message when trying to import some SBSAR files. Some of them will import from the same folder, while others will not. Anyone?!?! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Not sure if there is anything on Designer's end I should be adjusting or not.

Failed to import 'E:/Dom's Files/3D Assets/Textures Dom Library/Substance/Dom Textures/Catacombs Wall Test.sbsar'. Failed to create asset '/Game/Substances/Catacombs_Wall_Test'.
Please see Output Log for details.

LogSlate: Took 0.000224 seconds to synchronously load lazily loaded font '../../../Engine/Content/Slate/Fonts/Roboto-Light.ttf' (167K)
LogFactory: FactoryCreateFile: SubstanceInstanceFactory with ReimportSubstanceFactory (0 0 E:/Dom's Files/3D Assets/Textures Dom Library/Substance/Dom Textures/Catacombs Wall Test 10.sbsar)
LogSlate: Window 'Message' being destroyed
Message dialog closed, result: Ok, title: Message, text: Failed to import 'E:/Dom's Files/3D Assets/Textures Dom Library/Substance/Dom Textures/Catacombs Wall Test 10.sbsar'. Failed to create asset '/Game/Substances/Catacombs_Wall_Test_10'.
LogAssetTools: Warning: Failed to import 'E:/Dom's Files/3D Assets/Textures Dom Library/Substance/Dom Textures/Catacombs Wall Test 10.sbsar'. Failed to create asset '/Game/Substances/Catacombs_Wall_Test_10'.
Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 07:18:25 am

UE 4.25.4

I receive this message when trying to import some SBSAR files. Some of them will import from the same folder, while others will not. Anyone?!?! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Not sure if there is anything on Designer's end I should be adjusting or not.

Failed to import 'E:/Dom's Files/3D Assets/Textures Dom Library/Substance/Dom Textures/Catacombs Wall Test.sbsar'. Failed to create asset '/Game/Substances/Catacombs_Wall_Test'.

LogSlate: Took 0.000224 seconds to synchronously load lazily loaded font '../../../Engine/Content/Slate/Fonts/Roboto-Light.ttf' (167K)
LogFactory: FactoryCreateFile: SubstanceInstanceFactory with ReimportSubstanceFactory (0 0 E:/Dom's Files/3D Assets/Textures Dom Library/Substance/Dom Textures/Catacombs Wall Test 10.sbsar)
LogSlate: Window 'Message' being destroyed
Message dialog closed, result: Ok, title: Message, text: Failed to import 'E:/Dom's Files/3D Assets/Textures Dom Library/Substance/Dom Textures/Catacombs Wall Test 10.sbsar'. Failed to create asset '/Game/Substances/Catacombs_Wall_Test_10'.
LogAssetTools: Warning: Failed to import 'E:/Dom's Files/3D Assets/Textures Dom Library/Substance/Dom Textures/Catacombs Wall Test 10.sbsar'. Failed to create asset '/Game/Substances/Catacombs_Wall_Test_10'.

Hey @Dominic Sagona 1 ,

Were you able to find a solution? If not, can you post a Substance sbsar that shows the issue? (a .sbs file would also help if you made the Substance files yourself :) )

Hi KG,

Thanks for the replay and my apologies for the delayed response. No I have not found a solution for this yet. Per your requests, I've attached a file in hopes it will help identify the problem. I appreciate your help. Let me know if you have any problems accessing the file or anything relative.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tnx6uu7c5lm3icx/AADR2oqXCK2lzYzZQ8jQZKxba?dl=0

I'd also like to add that this problem is not specific to this file. I have this same import problem with other Substance files I have made, but not all! A couple have worked, which is why it is so confusing.

Thanks!
Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 03:04:04 am

Hi KG,

Thanks for the replay and my apologies for the delayed response. No I have not found a solution for this yet. Per your requests, I've attached a file in hopes it will help identify the problem. I appreciate your help. Let me know if you have any problems accessing the file or anything relative.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tnx6uu7c5lm3icx/AADR2oqXCK2lzYzZQ8jQZKxba?dl=0

I'd also like to add that this problem is not specific to this file. I have this same import problem with other Substance files I have made, but not all! A couple have worked, which is why it is so confusing.

Thanks!

hey @Dominic Sagona 1 ,

I took a look at your sbs file today. It was missing some dependencies:

- DeteDirectionalWarp.sbsar
- Filter_DilationOrErosion.sbsar

But I was able to delete the nodes where these were used, and was able to reproduce your issue on import. Looking at the .sbs I have narrowed it down to the Flood Fill node. Once I delete anything related to the Flood Fill and re-export the sbsar then it imports without issue. I'm still investigating what the problem is, but that might be related.  :o

EDIT: I tested this with the a version of the UE4 plugin that includes the latest engine update (v8) and the sbsar works without issue. It seems that the Substance sbsar is using nodes that are not currently compatible with the v7 engine that is in the current UE4 plugin on the Marketplace. I don't currently have an ETA on the release of the new version of the plugin, but that seems to be the issue. :)
Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 01:36:56 am

ah ok. Thanks so much for taking the time to narrow it down and pinpoint the issue. So just to reiterate, its directly due to using Flood Fill and the v7 Substance Engine UE4 currently utilizes?

ah ok. Thanks so much for taking the time to narrow it down and pinpoint the issue. So just to reiterate, its directly due to using Flood Fill and the v7 Substance Engine UE4 currently utilizes?

@Dominic Sagona 1 ,

Correct. I am thinking that it what it is. I also tried the sbsar in other integrations that currently use the v7 version of the engine, and it failed there too. We are currently in the process of testing the v8 engine update for the UE4 plugin and will release it to the marketplace when the testing is complete. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime. :(

Thanks again for your continued efforts and resolve in this. I really appreciate it. It was driving me nuts not knowing why some files would not work!!!