Author Topic: Layers not displaying layer color  (Read 343 times)

Hi,

my layers are not showing the colors, just the icons... helppppp.

That is the typical display when Udims are involved. There is another thread where the same question was raised and IIRC they said they were "looking into it."

Indeed, this is standard behavior for UV Tiles (UDIM) projects.

In standard projects (without UV Tiles) what is displayed in your thumbnails are your UVs, and since with UV Tiles, it's impossible to display all UVs for all tiles, we are currently looking into another way to display this information.
Valeria Gerontopoulos
Product Designer | 3D Artist

it happens in every single project even with the UV Tile workflow disabled

Can you make a basic project with a cube and some layers showing this? Then upload the .spp. You shouldn't be seeing only those icons unless you're using the UV tile option.

You can also confirm this by showing us your layer stack, then screenshotting Edit->Project Config which shows if you're using the UV tile workflow.

I can see your texture set at 1001 at the top right, so it looks like you're using that option, and you have the masking option with the 3x3 cell grid on the right of the layer.
Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 01:09:58 am

There is a setting in the preferences as well to disable the colored icons even when creating regular projects. You can try to disable it.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Can you make a basic project with a cube and some layers showing this? Then upload the .spp. You shouldn't be seeing only those icons unless you're using the UV tile option.

You can also confirm this by showing us your layer stack, then screenshotting Edit->Project Config which shows if you're using the UV tile workflow.

I can see your texture set at 1001 at the top right, so it looks like you're using that option, and you have the masking option with the 3x3 cell grid on the right of the layer.
Thanks for the reply.

In this project i had the option selected. But in the others i didn't and the the problem still happened.

It turns out i had enabled the option to disbale the colored icons and that was causing the issue.

There is a setting in the preferences as well to disable the colored icons even when creating regular projects. You can try to disable it.

Thank you very much. That solved my issue.

Thank you!!