Author Topic: Changeing color of stamped brushes  (Read 244 times)

So iv been using substance for about 2 years now. and i noticed something. If you create a (paint) layer. and stamp a brush on it. if your try to change the color of that stamped brush it does not change.

Unlike a fill layer where if you change the color then the color will change.

That all said. How can i change the color of already stamped brushes?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/523526601447702575/801845975265050654/unknown.png

Add an anchor, reference it to a Fill Layer's Mask, extract the Alpha and you can change the color in the Fill Layer. Toggle off the Paint layer with the anchor as well.

Works great thanks. Though i wish the layer would retain control over the prameters of what ever it stamps. would be much more helpfull. instead of having to do this over convoluted way.

Normally if you're using stamps you always use the mask for that and have a fill layer to adjust your channels. I rarely if at all use a Paint Layer for stamps.

Works great thanks. Though i wish the layer would retain control over the prameters of what ever it stamps. would be much more helpfull. instead of having to do this over convoluted way.

I wish i knew that ages ago lol. you sir just saved me the biggest headache. That said.

Is it possible to convert my painted stamps in a "paint" layer over to a Fill will mask? so i don't have to start over...

UPDATE: i used anchors. got it all figured out. thanks a bunch guys. :)
Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 01:05:46 am

Anchors was the way I showed you above regarding this.  :)