Author Topic: Can't load UDIM Tiles  (Read 1322 times)

I know that I have to check: 'Use UV Tile workflow' and 'Preserve UV Tile Layout...'.

With a simple cube which I have unfolded in RizomUV everything works as expected. But when I try the same with a more complex mesh Painter seems not recognise the UDIM tiles- it only shows one UV tile and places the islands of the second tile next to it.
Both the cube and the complex mesh have only one material asigned. What could be the problem?

Your last screenshot isn't using the UDIM option as per the first as you can see in the 2D view your grid doesn't match. Make sure you're using the same options.

If you want to share the mesh I'll take a look as well if it will not work still.
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

thanks for the reply!
I have definitely used the same options for the UV tile settings. The last screenshot is to illustrate what I get & that's what I don't understand.
If you can try it on your side would be great - however I could not upload the original file with 6.5MB (which is not that much?) and even a reduced file with 3.6MB got me the message: 413 Request Entity Too Large?
I try it again tomorrow...
Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 09:23:37 am

attachment upload still doesn't work - here is a Wetransfer-link: https://we.tl/t-ZfUq2oXOkD

thanks for the reply!
I have definitely used the same options for the UV tile settings. The last screenshot is to illustrate what I get & that's what I don't understand.
If you can try it on your side would be great - however I could not upload the original file with 6.5MB (which is not that much?) and even a reduced file with 3.6MB got me the message: 413 Request Entity Too Large?
I try it again tomorrow...

If you're using that option and you get this in the future then the first thing to look at is your UV map. You cannot exceed 10 tiles wide.

(moved it into tile 1002)

Once you correct this it will load in fine.

I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

If you're using that option and you get this in the future then the first thing to look at is your UV map. You cannot exceed 10 tiles wide.

Once you correct this it will load in fine.

oh - that was it! That bit must have gone astray...
Thank you very much - you helped me a lot