Author Topic: Need help with placing specific shapes at specific angles and locations.  (Read 1455 times)

Hello, hope someone can help point me in the correct direction on this. Here is the setup.

I am using a tile sampler to input 6 different patterns. Each pattern is a different angle of a 6 sided shape. The reason I need to do this is the shape has a slope in it, and I want to make it so that you can input a mask that arranges the shapes to follow that pattern. But the slopes need to line up their angles to make that shape.

From a side view the shape is like this __/¯¯

So I need those elevated shapes to line up properly to make the shape.

A link to the 3d view this far https://i.imgur.com/Ux2yFJl.png since I think that might help explain it. So if i wanted a triangle shape I would hope that a black and white image could arrange these the proper way to create the triangle shape. Where pattern 1 might be a slope up / and pattern 2 might be the slope down \ and pattern 3 might be the __ lower part.

Boy I hope that makes sense. Anyhow, I have tried using the pattern distribution on the tile sampler but that obviously doesn't work so simply because the ranges will force the wrong pattern on all sides.

Any ideas? Because I don't think the pattern input on the tile sampler is going to achieve this in a simple way.