Author Topic: SUBSTANCE PAINTER: AMD BROKEN DRIVER SOLUTION - Radeon Pro Drivers  (Read 796 times)

tldr; Download Radeon Pro Driver 20.Q4 to fix Substance Painter crashing.
AMD Website Link: [https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-pro-software]

If you're like me and have struggled with Substance Painter crashing, and creating black pixel artifacts on AMD's new drivers then you're in luck!! I have found a solution that I hope works for all of you like it did for me!

Right now, the most stable driver from AMD is 20.9.2 (still has its problems), and anything above 20.11.xx is unstable. Go to AMD's website and search for Radeon Pro Drivers for Enterprise. These, I believe are drivers speciffically for content creation. I have just tested Substance Painter on it myself and can confirm all issues are solved for me. I'm unsure if these drivers will impact gaming so do at YOUR OWN RISK. (You can always revert back to other drivers)

I am running a 5700xt GPU and it seems to be the most common card with this issue on the forums.

I hope this helps everyone!

God Bless You !!!!

This works!!!

Finaly.
SO long time was looking for solution. I know last AMD drivers for RX5700XT are absolutely unusable, bcs SUbstance crashes whenever you try to move sliders.
Last working drivers are 20.9.1. but with these I had very bad fps in games like MSFS2020 for example.

This drivers work awesome in Substance and now I go to test in games

God Bless You !!!!

This works!!!

Finaly.
SO long time was looking for solution. I know last AMD drivers for RX5700XT are absolutely unusable, bcs SUbstance crashes whenever you try to move sliders.
Last working drivers are 20.9.1. but with these I had very bad fps in games like MSFS2020 for example.

This drivers work awesome in Substance and now I go to test in games

Did you get any performace impact in games?

just tested and

in IL2 BOS everything OK.
in MSFS2020 I see random micro stutters BUT is much more better than 20.9.1 old drivers. But not so smooth like newest 21.1.1

Results: For me usable drivers for Both gaming and Working in Substance.
Untill the AMD will publish fixed drivers for rx5700xt users, I will use this Radeon PRO drivers for Enterprise.

THANKS !!!

correction: More testing in games. And during playing I have lags, small and also big lags....
So, for games are not so good.

Nah it didnt even work for me. The software still completly freezes after using a brush stroke. Bummer

Correction2:
I tested before on bad map bad server.
In games it runs well.
And in Substance I dont have any issues... everything works fine for me. Even Brush even sliders

My drivers I installed are this name:
Win10-Radeon-Pro-Software-Enterprise-20.Q4-Nov10

Salut