Author Topic: Installed newer version of SP and all my older content is gone?  (Read 814 times)

Hello,

I need someone to verify if this is true. So when I install a newer version of SP all my older materials that I have created over the months/ years all get deleted? because once I installed a fresh SP all my older smart/ material are all gone or am I going crazy? thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!
Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 11:14:41 am

Hi,

Where did you store this content?
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

Sorry for the late reply. In the Documents folder.

What was the previous version and what was the exact path of ypur resources?

Here is the documentation link regarding the Shelf and resources management: https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/adding-content-on-the-hard-drive-151584815.html
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

hello,

C:\Users\ username \Documents\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter\shelf\ This was the directory.
And it was Substance Painter two version older from the latest version. The contents of the folder were indeed deleted. So now I know for future installs to back up my files onto separate location before installing a new SP. I wish I knew a head of time before this disaster happened. I looked online for this happening to others and didn't find anything. Is this a normal thing?