Author Topic: Substance Painter glitches out with black pixels when painting  (Read 948 times)

I'm having this issue where substance painter glitches out when I switch off layers and when I paint. It comes up with this black glitch thing sometimes all over my mesh and sometimes it remove the texture that I have on my mesh. I have to hide the layer then unhide the layer to get everything back.

This is a really annoying issue and would appreciate someone who could tell me why it does this and how I could fix it.

This might be an AMD driver issue (please attach your log, as it is easier to troubleshoot), it is something they need to fix on their side unfortunately, and we can only offer a workaround, while they release a new driver version which fixes the issues.

The best you can do for the moment is downgrade your driver to either 20.9 or 20.8 (instead of 20.11 which has issues). Please check this thread for more details: https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,35908.0.html
Valeria Gerontopoulos
Product Designer | 3D Artist

Hey thanks for replying, I will downgrade my driver to see if that fixes the issue.

The log file should be attached now   :)