Author Topic: substance graph data is missing  (Read 611 times)

HI guys I moved to 4.26 and UE ask me if (Imagen attached) any solution for this??

This is the log of the error

LoginId:ad380c994bc663cc3212369f06baafed
EpicAccountId:b590e24738fe4a4aa2064e1baf71547c

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000

UE4Editor_SubstanceCore!SubstanceAir::GraphInstance::findOutput()
UE4Editor_SubstanceCore!USubstanceGraphInstance::GraphRequiresUpdate() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceCore\Private\SubstanceGraphInstance.cpp:231]
UE4Editor_SubstanceCore!Substance::Helpers::RebuildAllSubstanceGraphInstances() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceCore\Private\SubstanceCoreHelpers.cpp:3198]
UE4Editor_SubstanceEditor!FSubstanceEditorModule::RebuildAlert() [D:\Build\++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceEditor\Private\SubstanceEditorModule.cpp:130]
UE4Editor_SubstanceEditor!TBaseStaticDelegateInstance<void __cdecl(FString const &,bool),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::ExecuteIfSafe() [D:\RocketSync\4.26.0-14830424+++UE4+Release-4.26\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:731]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

HI guys I moved to 4.26 and UE ask me if (Imagen attached) any solution for this??

This message you will see when you are upgrading a project that contains 'old' Substance graph data that will need to be updated. This is because 4.24+ we switched from USubstanceTexture2Ds to using the Unreal standard of UTexture2Ds. This requires the 'updating' or regenerating of the Substance textures in the project.

Problems arise when trying to update the Substance textures. If the Substance sbsar files/textures are large or there is a large amount of them, this seems to cause problems where it will run out of memory during the update process and then crash.

Did the crash happen during the update process? Or did it happen when you get back in the Editor? If the crash occurred during the update process, then there will be both updated and non-updated Substance textures in your project and this can cause crashes.