Author Topic: Ambient Occlusion map trouble  (Read 897 times)

Hello everyone,

I'm new to substance, i've made many textures but I now have a problem with a mesh baking.

Indeed, the AO map seems buggy with "artefacts" ? You can see like differents black shadows lines on each faces.

When I delete AO map, all problems disappears.

But, I have no idea why ^^
I can share my FBX if needed. Thanks a lot for help !

Upload the FBX please, I can't tell you whats going on with that screenshot alone.

Thank you @volker for your answer.
Please find 2 versions of the mesh with FBX format. Note that this two meshes act the same way with the same problem.

https://www.transfernow.net/files/?utm_source=9Mcovq122020&utm_medium=&utm_content=fr

Well, its extremely messy geometry without smoothing groups on it. Is that faceted look of the cylinder intentional?

Well, its extremely messy geometry without smoothing groups on it. Is that faceted look of the cylinder intentional?

Thanks for your answer :)
Yes it is, I'm actually experementing things, that's why I've also the second mesh cleaner (have you seen it ?)
But still have same problem.

Thanks for help !

Your objects look unreasonably messy, with far too many polygons, there is no reason to have distorted triangles in a simple object like this. It will produce artifacts and visible edges in places where you don't want them.

I have attached a cylinder object roughly matching yours, but with geometry that will produce clean bakes.
Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 12:28:43 pm