Author Topic: Hotkey for color picker instead of material picker  (Read 2279 times)

Hello :)
The #1 need of Substance Painter to be a proper "painter" is artist-friendly color picker. Current tool "P" is picking whole material. I want to pick a color from the pixel when I hold a hotkey. When I hold ALT key while painting in Photoshop, color picker appears. Substance Painter needs this for sure.

When I searched for this, I saw some customers also seek for this function for years ago.

If this function is not that easy to develop(I cant imagine if it is hard or easy), you can solve this problem by only adding a hotkey to this button shown on this image https://imgur.com/8dWsiL6
Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 02:45:41 pm

Seems like nobody needs this hotkey. I think I was wrong. Thanks all for your interest.

+5000 for a real color picker!

I dont know if persistence is good or bad but there is no competent replied this post yet. I dont meant to spam but +UP

I've been looking for the exact same thing.  90% of the time I only want to eyedropper the color and NOT all the other channels.  Having to turn off everything but color after picking is a huge drag and really slows down my workflow. 

Yes please. Seems a little strange the way it currently works.

Oh absolutely. Handpainting stuff at the moment is kind of a pain - which is too bad, because it really is only a super tiny tweak that's needed: give us some option to shortcut to eyedrop from the basecolour layer only. Either a separate hotkey, or a setting for the eyedropper tool