Author Topic: Mesh maps coming out completely black after baking  (Read 975 times)

Hello y'all! I hope you're doing well.

I've got 2 problems that I don't manage to fix, even after reading/trying everything I could find on the forum.

I have a very large bridge to texture. It has multiple UDIMs, and multiple meshes all combined in one.

1) Everytime I try to bake some mesh maps, they keep coming out black (or they just don't come out). I looked at my UDIMs, they are clean. I cleaned up my model. I froze all transforms and deleted all histories. I tried various baking methods, wether it was with or without high poly mesh, with or without bounding box, with or without a boox, with or without relying on CPU, etc... Nothing works.

2) One of the meshes is having stretching textures on certain faces only, even though its UVs are perfectly unfolded, and square. It is not smoothed up, so that can't be deforming the UVs.

It's the first time I encounter this kind of problem, and having a deadline coming up, I begin to be slightly worrying, ahah! If anyone can help, even if it's only by giving me leads to follow, that'd be awesome!!

Thanks a lot in advance, and have a good evening/day!

If you're able to share the high and low I can find the problem for you.
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

I would love to, but I keep having "Request entity too large" as my mesh is too heavy to send you... Any idea how i could send it to you? :(

You can upload to any file sharing site. Dropbox, Google Drive (make it a non private link), Weshare, ect...

If you need it to be private just DM me the link instead of positing it here in the thread.
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

I sent you the link in DM. Thanks a lot! :)