Author Topic: I can't import my own pre-baked maps into substance without issues  (Read 1282 times)

I have an asset made of 3 texture sets. The main mesh is split between 1001 and 1002, and 1003 is a separate auxiliary mesh:

I have a set of pre-baked maps I'm trying to import:

Since 1001 and 1002 are the same mesh, I'd like to have the ability to paint between both of those UDIMs. But, when I try to manually apply these maps to my mesh in the Texture Set Settings menu, 1001 and 1003 work fine, but 1002 does not. Its like Painter doesn't recognize that 1002 is still its own texture set. To fix this, I tried to adhere to the naming convention detailed in Painter's Project Creation guide, but Painter keeps ignoring it. I tried different combinations of textureSetName_mapName but I can't get any maps to import correctly.
I feel like I'm just missing some stupid thing but I can't find any more resources that might hint as to what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I made a very rough example but this will work as intended.

I have a two cubes and I set them up like you have where the main occupies two tiles and the floater occupies 1003 but in another texture set.

Then I want to bring in these maps:

I load them in as so:

Then I make a fill layer per texture set and just drop the maps in:

and it works:

If you load them in as per your own naming:

Then you need to make a fill layer per one and use the mask option. Since they will repeat per tile you don't need to offset:

It is far more easier to just go with my first example as per the naming.
Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 06:26:19 am
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

All right, this worked! Thank you for your response. For anyone who might google this, I think its worth mentioning that, at least in my case, using fill layers with tile masks was actually unnecessary. Using the correct naming convention allowed SP to apply the maps correctly in Texture Set Settings. Unless I missed something in Allegorithmic's tutorials, the UDIM naming convention with suffixes (.1001, .1002) is never mentioned.

Yes, this is why I recommend you use my first example and have proper naming to avoid the extra steps. :)

Glad it works out for you.
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)