Author Topic: Substance Download Error - Unreal Plugin  (Read 2153 times)

I've been struggling to add materials to my project using the substance plugin for Unreal. If anybody has had this issue and can point me in the right direction will be highly appreciated.

Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:56:32 pm

I've been struggling to add materials to my project using the substance plugin for Unreal. If anybody has had this issue and can point me in the right direction will be highly appreciated.

Hey @Valkyr ,

Thanks for the report! We're looking into this.

In the meantime as a workaround, you can use the Substance Source website to download your Substance files (source.substance3d.com) and import them manually in UE4.

I've been struggling with this too but my download count keeps going down even though there is an error. How does that still register if there's an error regarding the number of downloads? Thanks

Substance download error! (is the actual error I copied from the message window)

Hi @-kg-

Thank you for having a look at it! I'll do that in the meantime but please keep us posted if you can when the solution is found.

I've been struggling with this too but my download count keeps going down even though there is an error. How does that still register if there's an error regarding the number of downloads? Thanks

Substance download error! (is the actual error I copied from the message window)

@gman360 ,

It might still be registering that you 'downloaded' the asset even though there was an error and might still mark it as owned. If you go on the website (source.substance3d.com) can you see the assets in your 'My Assets' section at the top right?

Thanks for your reply. I think so. Not quite sure what I was downloading at the time when I was having that issue. Think it was just some random ones at the time to get it to work. No worries.

Hope you can get it fixed for 4.25.4 soon.

Hi I have been having the same error with substance for weeks now. I have updated to the latest version. I'm not sure if it is on every device but it is definately happening on my laptop. I have 250 available download according to substance source in ue4. Same error across multiple engine versions (25.4 and 24.3)

been having this error pop up for about the last week as well, running unreal and substance as admin and still unable to download within unreal.

Just tried it with the new 4.26 and same error. Any news on the fix for this??

Helloes,

Seems like I'm not alone with this issue. Downloads don't work for me either, download counter goes down but the material download throws an error. The issue persists on all versions I've tried with (4.25, 4.26 on PC, 4.25 on Mac).

So far I've lost like 10 of my precious  30 downloads just for testing.

Checked from output log, it says

LogHttp: Warning: 0000025C1AE44F00: request failed, libcurl error: 6 (Couldn't resolve host name)
LogHttp: Warning: 0000025C1AE44F00: libcurl info message cache 0 (Could not resolve host: undefined)
LogHttp: Warning: 0000025C1AE44F00: libcurl info message cache 1 (Closing connection 14)

br,
Sami

Having similar issues. I am getting "Substance download error!"
Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 05:20:47 am

Having the same problem here with Substance Source not sending materials to my project in UE4. It's super convenient if this  could work. All the tutorials make it look smooth like butter but it never is is it? Importing files from folder still works but just another added step. Nothing speeds a workflow like drag and drop. A beer to whoever figures this out first.

I noticed there was an update to the plugin for 4.26.0.1 but it still doesn't work, so not sure why they would release it. Am I doing something wrong??

Hello There, I'm also having an issue trying to download substance source materials in unreal. Am I doing something wrong?

Same issue. 4.26 latest Plugin update.