Author Topic: UVs looking perfect in Substance, but awful in Blender / Unity  (Read 104 times)

I am encountering a very annoying and weird issue when moving my textures from Substance Painter to Unity / Blender. Here's how it looks in Substance (with the UV map shown on the right):

And then, here's how it looks in Blender and Unity (with the UV map shown on the left)

The FBX file I am working with is the exact same in all the three applications, and the UV maps are aligned in the same way. Any idea what might be causing this? It is not happening with all the files I am working with, only this one, and I did try multiple ways of unwrapping with it, but it still won't fix the issue. Any idea?

Assuming your UVs haven't changed the main reason for distortion is having a mesh that wasn't triangulated prior to Painter, and you didn't use that same tri version in Painter to bake and texture as you use in Unity / Blender.

Assuming your UVs haven't changed the main reason for distortion is having a mesh that wasn't triangulated prior to Painter, and you didn't use that same tri version in Painter to bake and texture as you use in Unity / Blender.

OMG THANKS, THAT FINALLY FIXED IT.