Author Topic: Constant Crash on Project Setup (file import) !!!  (Read 71 times)

Can anybody tell me why this is happening all of a sudden when yesterday the same version of Substance Painter was working just fine? When I currently try to set up a new project and click on "Select" which then opens the file explorer, SP then decides to crash. See video:

https://youtu.be/-XdUOPYSYjc

So as it stands I can't set up any new projects at all. Not even with a previous version of SP. I need to get this sorted before Monday as I have client work to do!

Thanks in advance,

Thomas Pasieka

So apparently after uninstalling "Chitubox" everything seems to be running fine again. May I ask why that is??? In any case, glad I got things working.

So apparently after uninstalling "Chitubox" everything seems to be running fine again. May I ask why that is??? In any case, glad I got things working.

HI Tom,

Checking with QA, Painter has a known issue with custom thumbnails from Windows and Chitbox is also working with these thumbnails and causing a conflict. In the settings for Chitubox, you should be able to disable the thumbnail preview to resolve the issue.

Cheers,
Wes
Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:53:48 pm
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja