Author Topic: Substance Painter problem with full screen on Os X Yosemite  (Read 3176 times)

Hello

When I put Substance Painter in full screen using the green resize button on Yosemite, I can't put the window back in its normal size, since I don't have any access to the window buttons. If I relaunch the application, it remains in full screen. I don't know how to bring it back to its normal state

Hello

When I put Substance Painter in full screen using the green resize button on Yosemite, I can't put the window back in its normal size, since I don't have any access to the window buttons. If I relaunch the application, it remains in full screen. I don't know how to bring it back to its normal state

Hi,

I've noticed there is an issue here as well. I will log this. As a workaround, go to View and Rest UI. This will appear to duplicate the toolbar at the top if the SP UI. Then when you move your mouse back to the top of the menu, the menu will drop down and you will see the button to exit fullscreen.

Cheers,

Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

would be great if we could toggle fullscreen mode using the tab key!

The ESC key would be better as it is the default for most apps Safari for example. We really need to keep the UI as standard to Mac as possible given its shell.
Freelance 3d Artist Modo Substance
Mark TomlinsonMarkBTomlinson - Substance Tools Group

I'd like to bump this this as the green button defaults to fullscreen and not maximise. I am now stuck in fullscreen and cant get out even after restarting. Default menu shortcuts don't help as there isn't a View menu item in the Substance Painter UI.

Any help or as I say a little bump for the developers.

Cheers Mark

PS Yosemite removed the default icon from the menu bar which makes it really worse now.
Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 08:04:51 pm

Okay I would like to push this up to more than a bump guys :)

Seriously annoying I can not exit full screen any way I have tried even uninstalling the app doesn't help. Where is it saving the plist for the screen mode so I can nuke it?

Would appreciate a look at this as soon as you can thanks.

Cheers Mark

Okay I figured out how to get out of full screen, basically I had to rearrange the UI to let the OS buttons on the top left show up and then using ALT and the green button to get it non full screen followed by the Red to close once the app quits it will leave full screen. When it reopens it is no longer in full screen. A real run around for something that really shouldn't be happening, no app should open in full screen after it is shut down and even deleted :) So if anyone else get stuck I made a video. I will try and attatch it here if not I will edit it to youtube. 

Okay I figured out how to get out of full screen, basically I had to rearrange the UI to let the OS buttons on the top left show up and then using ALT and the green button to get it non full screen followed by the Red to close once the app quits it will leave full screen. When it reopens it is no longer in full screen. A real run around for something that really shouldn't be happening, no app should open in full screen after it is shut down and even deleted :) So if anyone else get stuck I made a video. I will try and attatch it here if not I will edit it to youtube.

Thanks Mark!

I will discuss this with the developers. We are continuing to work on the issues with Yosemite and I will escalate this issue. I'm on OS X Yosemite as well, so I definitely feel your pain : )

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks Wes,
I know the guys are doing their best to catch these bugs so good luck.
Cheers Mark :)