Author Topic: Install canceled. Error: Error: User did not grant permission.  (Read 2288 times)

Hey everyone,

I'm trying install subtance alchemist on ubuntu 18.04, I'm running from the command line, then logging in, click the tab, click install, it downloads and gives that error:

sudo ./Substance+Launcher-1.5.2-beta.92.linux-x86_64.AppImage

I used sudo because I got the error in the subject on the previous try.

Any ideas?

Thanks

marc

I don't understand.  Are you installing Substance Launcher or Substance Alchemist from the launcher?

I have exactly the same issue with Substance Designer installation.
I ran this command in order to launch Substance Launcher:
Code: [Select]
sudo ./Substance+Launcher-1.5.2-beta.92.linux-x86_64.AppImageSubstance Launcher started normally. Then I went to Designer tab and hit "install".
It started downloading but when it got to 100%, installation stopped and the following warning appeared in the terminal:
Install canceled. Error: Error: User did not grant permission.
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
5.4.0-33-generic
Substance Designer version I was trying to install - 10.1.2
Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 10:04:41 am

Hi,

Sadly we don't support Ubuntu for the Launcher, only CentOS

That's why you may encounter issues while using the launcher on Ubuntu... !

Hi,

First, if I signed in why do I need to verify to post?
Two, this is the most short sighted and insulting reply any company could make, there are vast more people who use Ubuntu, so why not support it?

Hey everyone,

I'm trying install subtance alchemist on ubuntu 18.04, I'm running from the command line, then logging in, click the tab, click install, it downloads and gives that error:

sudo ./Substance+Launcher-1.5.2-beta.92.linux-x86_64.AppImage

I used sudo because I got the error in the subject on the previous try.

Any ideas?

Thanks

marc

After it fails to install again there will be a #########Substance_Painter-#.#.#-###-linux-x64-standard.rpm file under /tmp
Move that file to a folder under your home folder somewhere.

sudo apt-get install alien rpm
sudo alien --to-deb #########Substance_Painter-#.#.#-###-linux-x64-standard.rpm
sudo dpkg -i substance-painter_#.#.#-#_amd64.deb

Where # prefix is a random sequence of letters and numbers and afterwards is the product version.

Hi,

First, if I signed in why do I need to verify to post?
Two, this is the most short sighted and insulting reply any company could make, there are vast more people who use Ubuntu, so why not support it?

For you first point "why do I need to verify to post" not sure to understand what you mean
Are you talking about posting on this forum ? The workflow we have in place to verify users may not be perfectly up to date I agree with you but I guess this is a way to avoid flood/spam ^^

For your second point I did not mean to be insulting, the point of my answer was to help by exposing the fact : we do not support Ubuntu sadly
This is not on purpose, supporting Ubuntu/Debian and other Linux distribution meant an amount of work too important. We've tried, spent some time and failed
In the end we chose to focus on key features and stability on the product before

Glad you found a way to install the soft using the Launcher as an intermediate.
This solution may work for now but at some point the Launcher could not run at all on Ubuntu (since we don't support it, we don't test it ...)

The other way would be to go on store.substance3d.com and directly download the soft from there

Hope this helps ^^