Author Topic: MDL parameters marked with anno::unused() annotation  (Read 717 times)

Hello!

I have migrated a MDL from 2020.1.3 to 2020.2.0 and am now getting warnings that look like this:

Code: [Select]
[WRN][1395][IRay SDK]   1.0   MDLC   comp warn : used material 'material MDL_Material' marked with anno::unused() annotation
[WRN][1396][IRay SDK]   1.0   MDLC   comp warn : used parameter 'absorption' marked with anno::unused() annotation
[WRN][1397][IRay SDK]   1.0   MDLC   comp warn : used parameter 'sss_color_1' marked with anno::unused() annotation
[WRN][1398][IRay SDK]   1.0   MDLC   comp warn : used parameter 'sss_color' marked with anno::unused() annotation
[WRN][1399][IRay SDK]   1.0   MDLC   comp warn : used parameter 'logarithmic_scatter_enable' marked with anno::unused() annotation
[WRN][1400][IRay SDK]   1.0   MDLC   comp warn : used parameter 'sub_surface_enable' marked with anno::unused() annotation
[WRN][1401][IRay SDK]   1.0   MDLC   comp warn : used parameter 'transmitted_distance_of_measurement' marked with anno::unused() annotation
[WRN][1402][IRay SDK]   1.0   MDLC   comp warn : used parameter 'transmitted_color' marked with anno::unused() annotation
[WRN][1403][IRay SDK]   1.0   MDLC   comp warn : used parameter 'absorption_enable' marked with anno::unused() annotation

All these are indeed being used;). This is hiding the exposed parameters I need--any tips on how to fix this?  Attaching sbs...

Thanks for any help!

....it is also a problem that it is creating copies of input parameters.  For example, above you will see mention of sss_color and sss_color_1.  sss_color_1 should not exist.

Attaching a full log in case it helps.

Can anyone confirm this?  I feel like mdl export for 2020.2.0 is totally busted...

Hello Micah,

Indeed, we can confirm there is currently an issue with MDL exports where some input parameters are duplicated in the exported MDL module.
We are currently investigating the issue, and appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Best regards,
Luca
QA Analyst
Substance Designer Team

Thanks for the response Luca.

And do you know if there is a way to remove the
Code: [Select]
anno::unused() from the export?  I still see this in 2020.2.1.

It turns out I get the same warnings in 2020.1.3 but the annos are not inserted in the mdl

Thanks!