Author Topic: New user of Substance Painter - Ambient Occlusion and Curvature maps not baking  (Read 1196 times)

I am a new user of Substance Painter.  Whenever I try to bake texture maps I get an error and the ambient occlusion and curvature maps fail to bake.  As an illustration I have imported a simple teapot from 3ds Max, and when I try to bake the textures the ambient occlusion and curvature maps fail to bake.  I have attached a log file.  I understand that I have an old PC with an outdated GPU but I am not sure that this is the cause.
Also when I downloaded the software from Substance, I did not get the demo files that would allow me to follow the beginner tutorials.  I wanted to follow the tutorial about texturing a lantern but cannot find a lantern.obj file anywhere on my PC.
Can you please help?

I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

I have repeated the texture baking process following the instructions from the "Getting Started with Substance Painter" you-tube video and using the lantern.obj file that comes from the Project file for the course.
Once again my ambient occlusion and curvature maps have failed to bake.  Any ideas what has gone wrong?

Thank you.  Disabling the enable gpu ray trace option has fixed my problem.

Hey, good deal! :)