Author Topic: Missing filters in Alchemist (not delighter)  (Read 1444 times)

Hi,
I was searching for some filters in Alchemist, which should be there, but aren't. I can find them in the ressource file of the installation, but not in Substance Alchemist. When I try to import the missing filters, nothing happens.

Missing ones are for example: Embroidery, Crop, Perspective correction,...
I have just a few filters that show up. For example in the category "Finish" there are only two: "Color Variation" and "Oil Paint Effect".
Do I have to activate the other filters in any way?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Substance Alchemist Product Manager

Yes of course. Here it is.
Thanks a lot!

After analyzing the logs, I don't understand and never saw this issue. I will have a few questions:
- Didn't you move filters to other categories in the Filters panel?
- Did you create your own categories?
- Is the list of filters missing is the list of filters that you used?

Thanks

Hi Baptiste,
the screenshot in the original post is the list I saw when I first started Alchemist. It didn't change, no matter what I do. (I just started using Alchemist some days ago.)

When I realized there should be more filters I searched for a solution. I tried to import them manually from the installation folder. But nothing happened. So I created a new folder and tried to import them into this new folder. But they didn't show up. (So the new folder is still empty.)
That's all I did so far.

If I search for one of the missing filters with the "add layer" search bar, they don't show up either.

I just tried to import a material from the Alchemist tutorial. In this one I can see the filter in the layers list. But if I search for it, it is not there. (I'll attach a screenshot.) It should be there, doesn't it?

If you agree to restart Alchemist from scratch (it will delete all materials you created so far that you saved in the Collection section below the viewport), can you:
1- delete the content of this folder:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Allegorithmic\Substance Alchemist
2- Uninstall and install Alchemist again

Sorry for the inconvenience

It helped!! :-D

I am the very happy owner of a bunch of new filters now!

Thanks a lot for your help!

I'm running Alchemist demo on PC with NVidia GPU. I'm also missing the Delighter option.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still same error. See attached Log file:

I'm running Alchemist demo on PC with NVidia GPU. I'm also missing the Delighter option.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still same error.

Can you update your Nvidia drivers to meet the minimum requirements, please?