Author Topic: substance source  (Read 1061 times)

i used substance source for a fee.

Does subatanse source provide only 'sbs' , 'sbsar'?

i want 'spsm'

'sbsar' can't try various changes :(

Hi Harulight,

"spsm", called smart materials, are not available on Substance Source at the moment.
However it is very easy to create them in Substance Painter from a Substance Source sbsar material.
The how to is explained here: https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/smart-materials-and-masks-109609006.html
And an expample of how to create one is shown in this tutorial: https://academy.substance3d.com/courses/substance-painter-peeled-paint-effect

What type of smart materials would you like to see on Source if we offered some?
PO @ Allegorithmic

thank you of your reply.

but i knew this method that you posted..

For example, i want to change mask's image of material.
i want this material's visual. but i don't want image of mask.

ex ) pattern of gimono.. or roughness mask of any material..  etc..

And i can't modify level of mask.. because they don't have mask.

In sbsar, i can't change like this.

So i want provide spsm.
Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:06:35 am

For example, i want to change mask's image of material.
i want this material's visual. but i don't want image of mask.

ex ) pattern of gimono.. or roughness mask of any material..  etc..

Sometimes we have materials with a pattern/mask applied, and you would like to change one of those to remove the pattern/mask?
In that specific case having a smart material would not change things as the pattern/mask is static in the material.

Could you please show me a visual example of what you are telling me about? I am not sure I understand what you mean.
PO @ Allegorithmic

Example, i want to change pattern like flower, diamond, fan..
But i can't change to another pattern by mask in material. because they don't have mask.
And there is no other way without mask.

i can't even remove the pattern.

there is no option to use only the parts i want.
If i want to use only flower pattern without green part of image, it's impossible.
other materials are same.
Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 01:42:04 pm

Hi harulight,

For this material like for the majority of assets on Substance Source, the sbs is available.
You can open it in Substance Designer and change the pattern to add the one you like
PO @ Allegorithmic