Author Topic: Curve node lag with custom node  (Read 673 times)

Hey guys,
I’m currently experiencing a problem with the updated curve node. When I plug the output of one of my own utility nodes in the curve the curve points become extremely laggy and I can’t really drag them, only a short distance from their last position. This makes working with the node extremely frustrating. The custom node isn’t anything special either it’s only 3 nodes (input greyscale, transform 2d, output) and just has a remapping on the size attributes of the transform 2d so I can uniformly scale with one parameter. The only other settings on that custom node are forced output of linear16 bit greyscale and no tiling. I also updated the node but it made no difference. If I plug in anything besides my custom node the curve node works fine.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I was not able to reproduce this issue during my testing.

Can you please share the SBS package related to this problem, along with all its dependencies, so I can look into your specific use case?
You can do that by using the Export with dependencies... option in the package contextual menu in the Explorer panel.

Feel free to also include screen recordings or any other resource you think is relevant for assessing this problem.
You may send these resources to me through direct message if the assets should not be made public.

I appreciate your help and patience!

Best regards,
Luca
QA Analyst
Substance Designer Team

I'm having the exact same problem since the latest update as well. It's not laggy for me, the curve editor is dropping my mouse click input, dropping the point on the curve half a second after I select it, making the tool pretty much unusable.

Hello @conradsly,

While I can reproduce the lag when manipulation curve point in nodes upstream in the graph, I never experienced keys being 'dropped' off the cursor while being dragged.

Can you please send us a log file, as well as the SBS file with which you experience this issue?

To export a log file, open the Help menu and select the Export log file... option. Please do this after reproducing the issue at least once.

Thank you for your patience and help.

Best regards,
Luca
QA Analyst
Substance Designer Team