Author Topic: Substace Painter steam version won't start, error 0xc000007b  (Read 3650 times)

Hello. I've just bough steam indie pack, the Designer works just fine, and when i launch the Painter via steam, nothing happens! Just nothing at all, not even any error. When I launch direcly the substance painter.exe, it gives the error 0xc000007b. Someone have any idea? My PC config is this: Win 8.1, Core i7, GTX 970, 16 gigs of RAM. I've googled for this error, and they say I should try reinstalling NET framework and Visual C++ and DirectX and Nvidia drivers, did all of that, no result.

I suggest you link your steam account with allegorithmic's site.  This will let you download from their website and install without the hassle of steam.  This is what I do.

Details here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/238710/discussions/0/540744937405766928/

Hi,

Can you write down the full error, or maybe post a screenshot of it ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Here's screenshot, found it in google, I have exacltly the same:

Thanks !

It looks like the error is common and not specific to Substance Painter.

- Have you by any chance a restart waiting in the background ? Can you tell me if restarting the computer may solve the issue ?
- Can you try to run Painter in Administrator mode (via "right-click > Properties > Run as administrator" on the executable) ?
- Is Painter the only application not running ? Does it happens on other software/games on your computer ?

If it still doesn't work, I'm afraid I will have to suggest to run a repair installation of, or even reinstall, Windows
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hi, thanks for the help. I reinstalled windows, clean install, and now it works.

- Have you by any chance a restart waiting in the background ? Can you tell me if restarting the computer may solve the issue ?
Yep, thats was the first thing i tried :D

Can you try to run Painter in Administrator mode (via "right-click > Properties > Run as administrator" on the executable) ?
No, that I didn't try.

- Is Painter the only application not running ? Does it happens on other software/games on your computer ?
Not the only one, also Maya.