Author Topic: Auto UV alignment issues  (Read 170 times)

Hi,

I have set up a workflow where my main UVs are set up before import to Substance Painter, and then I use SP to create the others which don't need directional textures etc. This is great, but sometimes SP changes the angles of a few islands that are already UV'd (even when generate only missing data is active). I then need to create new layers to take these off angle islands into account. Could this be looked at, where somehow square shaped islands stay vertical or horizontal?

Thanks,
Mark

Quite a workflow you have there. Whats keeping you from generating all the UVs in Rizom? There are plenty of options to generate UVs for unimportant elements quickly.

Quite a workflow you have there. Whats keeping you from generating all the UVs in Rizom? There are plenty of options to generate UVs for unimportant elements quickly.

Hi Volker,

It is! haha. It seems far quicker to do screws and small high poly mesh objects in substance strangely. If I'm going to Substance anyway, why not use the tools (that's my thinking anyway) :) If Substance could set up directional textures on box(ish) shaped meshes (going vertically and horizontally only), that would be the gold!

I just find it strange that it isn't supposed to change any existing UV's...unless it feels that it has run out of space in the tile maybe?

Thanks,
Mark