Author Topic: About Version 1.1.1 (556)  (Read 1444 times)

So, I have been taking the builds as they come out and frankly it seems to get slower and slower each time.
I have simply given up on the notion of using 4K because even a single brush stroke takes 45 seconds to apply on 4K mode. If I have more than one brush stroke in 4K, it just crashes.

I really really really really like Substance Painter, but at this point it's completely unusable.

I'm not running on bad hardware either: 2012 MBP Retina Quad Core i7, 8 Gigs RAM, SSD and nVidia GT 650 M

I don't know what the internal changes that have been happening with these version updates, but I would be happy to have a stable version that actually worked in 4K again.

Edit:
I'm not posting this hate on Substance Painter, I just know they can do much better with QA and releasing stable builds.
The "Well it works on our lab machines" just don't cut it
Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 07:06:53 pm

So, I have been taking the builds as they come out and frankly it seems to get slower and slower each time.
I have simply given up on the notion of using 4K because even a single brush stroke takes 45 seconds to apply on 4K mode. If I have more than one brush stroke in 4K, it just crashes.

I really really really really like Substance Painter, but at this point it's completely unusable.

I'm not running on bad hardware either: 2012 MBP Retina Quad Core i7, 8 Gigs RAM, SSD and nVidia GT 650 M

I don't know what the internal changes that have been happening with these version updates, but I would be happy to have a stable version that actually worked in 4K again.

Edit:
I'm not posting this hate on Substance Painter, I just know they can do much better with QA and releasing stable builds.
The "Well it works on our lab machines" just don't cut it

Hi John,

Are you on OS X Yosemite? Can you send me the scene your are working with? I have the same machine as you and I can test it.

Cheers,

wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I am not using Yosemite yet, still on Mavericks.
I can send you a scene that is bombing.
It took 15 minutes for me to add a layer, not even paint on it, just to add it.
Where/How do you want the scene?

I am not using Yosemite yet, still on Mavericks.
I can send you a scene that is bombing.
It took 15 minutes for me to add a layer, not even paint on it, just to add it.
Where/How do you want the scene?

Thanks John. We are having issues with Yosemite. But with Mavericks that is very strange that its causing the issues. Can you please send the SP project to wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com?

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja