Author Topic: "Split" Boolean option  (Read 776 times)

It's currently possible to Merge, Subtract and Intersect layers. It would be a huge time saver and an workflow enhancer to be able to use one layer to split another layer into two. (one new layer)

I already do this all the time like this: I create a new layer and make a shape on it that I want to use to split an existing layer with. Then I duplicate the the target layer (the layer I want to split into two) and intersect the new layer with this duplicate. Then I duplicate the result and subtract that out of the  original layer.  ... I end up with the original layer split in two according to the shape I created. This is super useful for hardsurface modeling etc.

It's currently possible to Merge, Subtract and Intersect layers. It would be a huge time saver and an workflow enhancer to be able to use one layer to split another layer into two. (one new layer)

I already do this all the time like this: I create a new layer and make a shape on it that I want to use to split an existing layer with. Then I duplicate the the target layer (the layer I want to split into two) and intersect the new layer with this duplicate. Then I duplicate the result and subtract that out of the  original layer.  ... I end up with the original layer split in two according to the shape I created. This is super useful for hardsurface modeling etc.