Author Topic: Brickwall Pattern  (Read 1716 times)

I'm busy working with the Brickwall Pattern filter and am wondering if it's still possible to have access to some of the Brickwall Pattern features demoed in the second video found on the following page?:

https://magazine.substance3d.com/project-substance-alchemist-new-content-more-fun/

Specifically, I'm interested in the Mix settings that allow for varying the brick types.  I'm also interested in the Cement Disorder, Brick Unstuck, Brick Color Variation, and Brick Dirtiness options.  These features appear to be missing in 2020.2.1.  Am I somehow overlooking them?  If not, do you know which of the previous Alchemist versions contained these features?  And is it possible to run multiple versions of Alchemist on my PC without deleting one, then installing the other?

Thanks for your help!

Hello!

This Brickwall Pattern in Alchemist 2020.2.1 is the same as in the video on the magazine.

Can you send me a screenshot of your layer stack with your Brickwall pattern?

Only one version can be installed and run at the same time.

Thanks
Substance Alchemist Product Manager

Thanks for getting back to me, Baptiste.  I've attached 2 screen captures to show that my Brickwall Pattern is different than the one in the video.  Please let me know how to proceed.

Hello,

Can you replace the attached file in this location:
C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Alchemist\Resources\assets\Filters

Thanks

Baptiste, this did not solve the problem.  I am still seeing a Brickwall filter that is different from the one in the video.

As a side note, when I open the C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Alchemist\Resources\assets\Filters folder, I see two versions of the Brickwall filter in the folder.  The new one you gave me is written in uppercase, like this...Brickwall Pattern.  The other one is lowercase with an underscore, like this...brickwall_pattern.  After installing the one you provided next to the lowercase version and still seeing the wrong filter in Alchemist, I tried closing Alchemist and removing one of these filters at a time to see if this would solve the problem.  It did not.

As a side-side note, just in case this is related, every time I open Alchemist, I am met with the Bug Report dialog, even though Alchemist did not crash...I simply closed the program.

As a side-side-side note, there is a "categories.json" file in the C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Alchemist\Resources\assets\Filters folder.  Any chance this file could be causing the issue?

I have a big job headed my way that will require heavy use of the Brickwall filter.  Hope we can get this resolved soon. 

Thanks.

One more bit of information....

When I actually throw the "brickwall_pattern" filter in the trash (rather than just moving it to the desktop) and then pull it out of the trash to place it back in the C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Alchemist\Resources\assets\Filters folder, the name changes radically.  It is now titled "$RKCFOIX.sbsar."  This seems odd to me.

That's strange.
In the meantime, you can import it every time you need it by using the custom filter import icon on top of the layer stack.

Can you send me your log file too, please?

Thanks

Baptiste, my log file is being sent to you via email.  When I try to attach it to this post, I keep getting a "413 Request Entity Too Large Error."  Ugh.

Regarding using the custom filter import icon, when I do this, whether I load the new Brickwall Pattern filter that you recently sent or I load the old brickwall_pattern filter, I still get only the wrong Brickwall Pattern filter.  Ugh.