Author Topic: Bye, Bye Allegorithmic  (Read 1793 times)

We all knew it would happen as soon as Allegorithmic sold their soul to ADOBE ... the "RENT to NEVER OWNS" corporate overseer.  It was just a matter of time and dumping all the original management people ... so sad.

Bye, bye.  I do not "Rent" software from anyone. Especially where there are new and, in most cases, FREE alternatives out there.

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeJFg5uIIrc&t=302s

Bye, bye....

Yep we said it form day one - they denied it from day one.

Money speaks louder than loyalty. Happy now Sébastien....

Adobe - Best joy killer in the creative market.

Words honestly cannot describe my disappointment.

It's just more broken promises, and a middle finger to those loyal users who don't have the funds to fork out for all these subscriptions.
Only those already successful get to use the software that creates success. Same Adobe cycle.

Seriously, times and funds are really hard right now, due to everything that is going on. So now I have another kick in the gut of losing my software I am reliant on.

If they really cared about business, then they could easily put a perpetual licence with an income limit. I would be fine with that, at least then I would know I am in a position to afford all these subscriptions when needed, and they get my money.

Right now I'm at a loss.

I said this since the first day and they said I was wrong, I been in this industry since 1980...... I been right about Adobe, and why I left and still use CS6..I own CS2, 3, 4, 5, 6...Substance Designer, Painter every version ever sold.....

...  I also started  using Substance since the first version sold..... and left Adobe due to this crap...SO GUESS what I was right!!!     

I been in this industry a long time, I'm a freelancer, and make my money, and work for many indies and others....and we can't have monthly fees for 20 different programs as artist yes this happens......   Modo charges 400$ a year, 2k for the software.....  Fine with me..... you guys can raise your cost, it would be fine by me...but this RENT software, NO....I will NOT pay more, just to RENT it......I buy my homes, my cars....that is called an investment...when you buy software its called an investment..

when you rent something, its called borrowing.... we wanted choice. I was fine with you only selling on Steam....Now your greedy behind, wants to take that away.....ADOBE, you really are not in this to be good for the industry or indies ...at all.. that is clear...  You can say its business, sure....  I would agree, if its a cost thing, but guess what raise the cost then....That solves that issue, but its not, its called Control/GREED)  ...and you know I know that..Disgusting... no reason to get rid of the Steam version...NONE.

I will NO LONGER support you.... period..... Epic has Mixer folks, Affinity has a program like Photoshop but just as good.... There is Mari, which is expensive, not really for indies but its there....  ( I own the others , and now I will pick up Mari as I'm already a Modo user since I left Auto Desk for pulling the same crap........

and plenty of open source...Like Substance, this pushes other developers to make something new and it will, this industry changes a lot...  The support for engines like Unity and Unreal are total crap for Substance...and it shows, I have supported them and spoke highly for years.....but I will NOT anymore..and I work with MANY developers...and people...... I mentored for a long time, I will be sure everyone stands clear of this greedy behavior....NO to tiny updates, and Sub crap, this is what ADOBE does.....CS6, is still not much different than the new Photoshop..... Then Adobe, tried to take those away to, like that was legal.....That is what these greedy companies do, sell you a license and say its yours , and years later, try and take it away...Auto Desk, and Adobe are the two biggest greedy , companies for this industry...... 

I TOLD YOU SO...
Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 08:35:11 am

Recon03: Wait? they plan to remove Painter from Steam? maybe soon it is time then to buy last Painter and use until Mixer and others will surpass Painter.

Edit:
In there, they tell that 2021 is coming to Steam or i miss something.
https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,35090.msg132270.html#msg132270
Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 09:04:52 pm

Hi all,

We announced 1 year ago that there are 2 ways to get our products:
- "Substance" is a subscription to an ecosystem with Painter, Designer, Alchemist and Source. This offer is available on substance3d.com. We warned users that, following this plan, maintenances for perpetuals wouldn't be sold anymore on Substance3d.com 1 year later, in October 20.
- Perpetual licenses for Designer and Painter on Steam

Those changes happened 1 year ago. We sent an email to remind people having perpetuals that maintenance would stop to be sold on Substance3d.com in October.
If those users wish to keep having updates they can either subscribe to Substance, or purchase perpetuals on Steam.

Cheers,
Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 01:05:37 am
Head of Product Management

Wait so the perpetual licenses I have right now, can't be upgraded as and when I can afford it? My only option is to re-subscribe (then lose access when I can no longer afford the subscription?)

We all knew it would happen as soon as Allegorithmic sold their soul to ADOBE ... the "RENT to NEVER OWNS" corporate overseer.  It was just a matter of time and dumping all the original management people ... so sad.

Bye, bye.  I do not "Rent" software from anyone. Especially where there are new and, in most cases, FREE alternatives out there.

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeJFg5uIIrc&t=302s

Bye, bye....

Is there anywhere I can read about what happened in regards to original management?

100% of the Allegorithmic employees are now working at Adobe, teams and management are unchanged. Sebastien, formerly Allegorithmic CEO, is now leading the 3D division at Adobe.

100% of the Allegorithmic employees are now working at Adobe, teams and management are unchanged. Sebastien, formerly Allegorithmic CEO, is now leading the 3D division at Adobe.

Can you reply to my other question please?

Wait so the perpetual licenses I have right now, can't be upgraded as and when I can afford it? My only option is to re-subscribe (then lose access when I can no longer afford the subscription?)
Your current perpetual can only be upgraded for another year until the end of this month. After this deadline, you will still be able to get perpetual licenses through Steam. We will have un upgrade discount available when those new versions are available.