Author Topic: TextureSets not working in OBJ files ?  (Read 1902 times)

I created a mesh with 3 different IDs and when I export it to OBJ - SP ignores them. However, once I do it in FBX - all is good.
Is there a workflow to overcome this ?

TIA

NIR

I created a mesh with 3 different IDs and when I export it to OBJ - SP ignores them. However, once I do it in FBX - all is good.
Is there a workflow to overcome this ?

TIA

NIR

Hi,

SP does support materials with OBJ, however, it sounds like material export is not activated in the export options for OBJ. What program are you using? For example, in Maya there is option for materials on/off on OBJ export. Its off by default.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Wes
Hi

I did enable the materials export (3ds max design 2014)
I dont mind working with FBX - just need to know .

NIR

Wes
Hi

I did enable the materials export (3ds max design 2014)
I dont mind working with FBX - just need to know .

NIR

Ah, ok that is strange. It should work. Can you send me the OBJ? I will take a look. I tested it from Maya and it works.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Wes

I did manage to export materials but the problem is that out of 3 materials and Ids in MAX I get 2 in SP.
I uploaded the files (both the MAX and the SP ones) to:
www.orvatsel.com/wes

NIR
Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:06:48 pm

Wes

I did manage to export materials but the problem is that out of 3 materials and Ids in MAX I get 2 in SP.
I uploaded the files (both the MAX and the SP ones) to:
www.orvatsel.com/wes

NIR

I tried to open the OBJ in Maya it only shows as 1 material as well. I will send this post to another one of our tech artists who uses max to check the .max file.

One thing.. if the IDs don't have a unique material, Max won't export the ID. Does each of the 3 IDs have its own unique material as well?

Cheers,

Wes
Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 05:45:09 pm
the3dninja@adobe.com