Author Topic: Constant crash and can't end task on task manager  (Read 2333 times)

Hello, Im having troubles when using the substance painter. I have random crashes and it's still open on the task manager, so I can't open it again. It forces me to shut down (by hand, because it just can't close the task) the pc to restart the program.

Please, any help is welcome.

Damian

Hello, Im having troubles when using the substance painter. I have random crashes and it's still open on the task manager, so I can't open it again. It forces me to shut down (by hand, because it just can't close the task) the pc to restart the program.

Please, any help is welcome.

Damian

I don't know why its crashing but, in the task manager, to force quit and application, right click on the process and select "End Process Tree".

If the above doesn't work, you really need to talk to support since there is some kind of race condition or recursive hang happening.

Mike

When I click on "end task tree" it says access denied. I just cant end the process. It is still forcing me to shut down the pc.

When I click on "end task tree" it says access denied. I just cant end the process. It is still forcing me to shut down the pc.

You must not be an administrator? I am also using Windows 7, so I don't know if this has changed for Windows 8. Works every time I need to kill a hanging process(but I am logged in as Administrator).

Mike

Yep, Im logged as admin, but it still not working. I dont know if its the computer or the program.

Hi,

Would you mind sharing first your system specifications ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.