Author Topic: Painter crashing when importing mesh  (Read 1042 times)

Hi
My substance painter keeps crashing when I import my mesh. Tried reinstalling many times and still no difference

Please see the requirements page. You're running a AMD Radeon R3 which doesn't meet the requirements as it is an integrated GPU which I believe doesn't even exceed 1GB of VRAM.

https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/technical-requirements-172824034.html

Your processor: AMD A4-9125 is also lacking and wont hold up with anything CPU intensive.

You'll want a better machine if you intend on working in 3D and doing texturing.
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

It does have 1GB VRAM and I also have used the application before on the same device even when it had 512MB VRAM and it does work as needed so that's not the issue.

It does have 1GB VRAM and I also have used the application before on the same device even when it had 512MB VRAM and it does work as needed so that's not the issue.

If it worked prior or not I don't know, but the minimum requirements as per the link I provided are 2GB. Your mesh file might be too dense to work with. Also your Processor isn't up to par for 3D work either way.

Does a basic cube work fine? If so then it could either be the mesh is too dense or there is some issue with the mesh itself, but without testing it I wouldn't know.

Can you upload the mesh?
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

I just tried uploading a standard cube and still same issue. Here's the log

Sometime when SP crash and you have saved the project before, the dot .lock is always here and make SP crasch. Find the .lock in your project folder (where you save before) and delete it. Hope it could help.