Author Topic: Sbsar file changing color to just brown when increasing resolution  (Read 235 times)

Hello,
        i made a tile material recently and when i export an sbsar file, it works fine in substance painter but when i import and increase its resolution in marmoset or unreal engine the Albedo map turns all brown.

Hello,
        i made a tile material recently and when i export an sbsar file, it works fine in substance painter but when i import and increase its resolution in marmoset or unreal engine the Albedo map turns all brown.

@lohitrshetty ,

Can you post your .sbs file so I can take a look?

Hello,
       Thank you for the reply, I'm attaching the file here.

Hello,
       Thank you for the reply, I'm attaching the file here.

Hey @lohitrshetty ,

I am not seeing the issue on my end, although I am missing a dependency in the Resources folder in the .sbs file (ornate_tiles_cracks.png). Can you re-export the .sbs with this dependency? Also what resolution are you changing to and what version of UE4 are you using?

(right click on the .sbs and click Export with Dependencies)

i think i didnt end up using that cracks resource. But i'll attach it here anyway. So when i import the sbsar in marmoset 3.06 or ue4 4.14. the material is loaded at 256x256. when i increase that to 2048. i get the brown color. i read online that this could be due to using flood fill node. im on designer 2019.

i think i didnt end up using that cracks resource. But i'll attach it here anyway. So when i import the sbsar in marmoset 3.06 or ue4 4.14. the material is loaded at 256x256. when i increase that to 2048. i get the brown color. i read online that this could be due to using flood fill node. im on designer 2019.

@lohitrshetty ,

Ah ok, that makes sense. A substance made with the flood fill node will probably not work as intended with UE4 4.14 (I believe it is using a different Substance engine version than later versions of the UE4 plugin, also explains why I was not seeing the problem in UE4 4.23-4.25). I cannot speak for Marmoset as we do not maintain the Substance integration (but I suspect it may be a similar problem).

Oh so it's just a version problem then ?  Yea that clears that up as it's working fine in substance painter. Thanks for the info.

Oh so it's just a version problem then ?  Yea that clears that up as it's working fine in substance painter. Thanks for the info.

@lohitrshetty ,

Yeah, the flood fill node was included in versions of Designer that use a newer Substance Engine than is included in the Substance in UE4 plugin in 4.14. If you still wanted to use the Substance sbsar you created in UE4 then you would need to upgrade your UE4 version to a later version that includes the plugin with the updated engines.

Hope it helps. :) Let me know if you have any other questions.

That's it's for now. I'll probably update the engine and check it later. Thanks a lot for all the info 🙂