Author Topic: The substance does not start up and does not react. help.  (Read 251 times)

Hello,

I downloaded the student version, but it doesn't start when I click the Launch button.
I also checked the URL, but none of them helped.

https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/crash-or-freeze-during-startup-182266673.html

There is no error, and when I try to start it, it becomes unresponsive.
Windows is also the latest version.
Only the substance launcher opens.
I don't know what to do further.

Thank you.
(I am using the translation function.)
Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 05:34:39 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your message and your log file

Are you able to directly launch softwares from their repository ?
( According to your log file : C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter\Substance Painter.exe )

If so we may indeed have an issue on the launcher side ... But if you are not able to launch the soft the issue is somewhere else ... Could be an out of date driver, non supported video card, ...
In that cas I suggest you directly contact our support team to have some more specific help on this matter ...

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Does "from repository" mean opening from within a file?
If so, I've done it several times, but it remained unresponsive ...

I just bought a PC, but I wonder if it's old…

Where can I contact if I need further assistance?

Thank you.

Hello,

Thanks for your message and your log file

Are you able to directly launch softwares from their repository ?
( According to your log file : C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter\Substance Painter.exe )

If so we may indeed have an issue on the launcher side ... But if you are not able to launch the soft the issue is somewhere else ... Could be an out of date driver, non supported video card, ...
In that cas I suggest you directly contact our support team to have some more specific help on this matter ...

Indeed "from repository" means directly clicking on the .exe file in its repository (here it means you directly click on C:\Program Files\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter\Substance Painter.exe )

You can contact our support team directly on :
https://www.substance3d.com/contact/