Author Topic: Squared glitches when painting  (Read 1268 times)

Hi!

First things first, I am very excited about being one of the early adopters of Substance Painter and I think this software will improve a lot the way I paint my models.

That said, I'm having some problem from time to time that make the software almost unusable: Sometimes when I'm painting in a layer, a strange square glitch appears (see screenshot) and it's un-removable with Ctrl+Z because it's not a "failed brushstroke" but more like a corrupted layer. If you go backwards step by step, the glitch stays there even if you reach a step before it appeared. Although it disappears if you go backwards until the layer was created (before any stroke was painted), it's useless to paint again because the layer is "corrupted" and it will appear again randomly and in a different color/position.

By the way, when this happens, Substance Painter starts getting very buggy and the mouse pointer may disappear, the scene won't rotate until you change the tool...

My computer is an iMac, OS X 10.9.4, i3, 12GB of ram, just in case it helps.

Cheers!
Mario

"The eyes are coming out nice.... Oh wait, what´s that? My... folders??"

Looks like a corruption of the memory video where things get mixed up with other apps. We're looking into it.