Author Topic: UI Scale DPI value  (Read 22726 times)

So i still have this problem when i start painter

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/notodd1991/SP%202017.1.png

So went will this get fixed. i think this happens because painter doesn't support 21:9 aspect ratio.

But we still need 125% scaling support in order to use painter with out eye strain.

Designer already supports 125% scaling and 21:9 aspect ratio but we just need painter to support 125% scaling and 21:9 aspect ratio in order to use it properly.

Really hope this gets fixed.
Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 04:42:49 pm
Co-Founder,Co-Owner,Lead Programmer,Sound Designer & Texture Artist at Nikolyte Studios

So i still have this problem when i start painter

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/notodd1991/SP%202017.1.png

So went will this get fixed. i think this happens because painter doesn't support 21:9 aspect ratio.

But we still need 125% scaling support in order to use painter with out eye strain.

Designer already supports 125% scaling and 21:9 aspect ratio but we just need painter to support 125% scaling and 21:9 aspect ratio in order to use it properly.

Really hope this gets fixed.

Still no fix for this ?
Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 04:44:15 pm
Co-Founder,Co-Owner,Lead Programmer,Sound Designer & Texture Artist at Nikolyte Studios

Still no fix for this ?

nope. still no fix.

Still no fix for this ?

nope. still no fix.

All i want now is just a answer on if/when this will be fix.

But we still just need painter to support 125% scaling and 21:9 aspect ratio in order to use it properly.

Let's just hope they fix painter so we who have any res over 1080p can use it properly so we can no longer have eye strain because of no support  for 125% scaling and 21:9 aspect ratio.

I just raised the flag internally, sohopefully we can reprioritize this.

Hi all,

We investigated this further and it turns out this is a global issue with Qt that rounds the DPI scaling to 100% or 200% when using intermediary values. So unfortunately we don't have any way to fix this right now.

All we can do for now is to report the bug to the Qt team again and hope they fix it sooner than later.

Well thanks for letting us know that it will/may get fixed in a future release.
Hopefully before the year is over maybe.

The dpi scaling in painter 2018.1 still isn't fixed but at least it starts in fullscreen now.
Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:56:21 am

2018.1.2. Nope no fix......but at least using 200% I don't get the advantage of more resolution in the Interface.....but coming from a 24 inch a 32 inch looks less puny on my desk :(. Luckily most of my Open Source software like Blender and freeware like DAZ3D can do the trick (Blender with and without help from Windows). Shame on you Qt team.

But Substance Designer has no problem with it!

On the Left: Substance Designer scaling perfectly
On the Right:  Substance Painter scaling hopelessly

Windows at 125%

Greets, Ed.
Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:07:42 pm

If you can't fix this, can you AT LEAST fix the UI so we can use multiple monitors?