Author Topic: Paint Leakage Issue  (Read 1934 times)

Hello! New user, grabbed up SP in the Flash Sale! Excited to give it a try today. Right off the bat, tho, having a little issue where paint is "leaking" onto adjoining faces. I've attached a screenshot to help illustrate as I'm not up on all the terms quite yet.

I'm trying to paint red onto the bottom of the upper lip - the paint is also being applied to the corresponding areas of the top of the lip as well. I'm careful about brush size, overlap and positioning but it's like it's soaking through.

Is this a common issue? Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

Thank you for any help!
Daf

Switching your brush alignment option to Camera instead of Tangent should help with that kind of concave surface.

No sir, that didn't seem to make any difference at all. Even with the camera rotated to where I am looking directly parallel to the surface it bleeds through. I've attached another screenshot to show the uniformity in the leakage. I tried quite a few other settings, as well as brush size and hardness.

I thought that maybe there was an issue with the mesh but I don't get the same issue with Mudbox, Zbrush or Mari.

Thanks for your help! :)

Maybe you could try the "backface culling" option shown in the what's new 1.1 video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOB7X5-rXkQ

Thanks but that's not the answer either, I'm afraid. I saw the BFC option when I was looking for the brush alignment and tried it too.  :-\

Could you send me your mesh so that I can take a look and see what is causing this?

Hi,

I was able to get it to work with some finessing :)

I know you guys are busy and I don't want to bother you with this if it's not a common issue.

Thanks!