Author Topic: Saving all my smart mats,mats,texture,alpha before reinstall new machine  (Read 832 times)

Hello, I will soon change machines and I would like to know how to save all my materials, smart mats, alpha, textures, tools ect that I have accumulated in substance painter.

Because as I am going to reinstall from scratch I would like to find them without having to redo everything.

Thanking you in advance for your help
Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 12:25:27 pm

Post in English please.

For the moment I'll copy the shelf folder in this path: C:\Users\ username \Documents\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter\shelf\

in another location and when I'll make a fresh reinstall I'll copy again in the new shelf folder in my documents.

Is it the good method?

Thanks by advance for the advice.

Doing a backup of your document folder is indeed the right way to go. This is where we generally recommend to put custom content so that it doesn't move between different versions of Substance Painter. So if you are reinstalling the system/changing machine, that's the folder you want to backup.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.