Author Topic: iOS / archive / unity 2019.4.4f1 & plugin 2.5.2 issue  (Read 2262 times)

When archiving project with xcode, I get this error:

ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because '/Allegorithmic/Plugins/Substance/iOS/libSubstance.Engine.a(S00_EntryPoints.o)' was built without full bitcode. All object files and libraries for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build for architecture arm64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Thank you for your help!
Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 12:02:32 pm

Hey @cedtat. Can you remove the plugin and see if you get the same error when you build a simple app?
Thx

Hi @AliSafari

When I remove the plugin from my app and replace .sbsar files with classic textures PNG made for Unity URP, it works perfectly. I am using 4 substances from "Source".

My project is using ARKit 4 with URP, don't know. if it is relevant, but I have to use Xcode 12 to build it.

Thx

Hi @cedtat, are you having this problem because you are using Xcode 12 and Substance? Do you see the problem with Xcode 11.x and Substance?

I have made a test with a Unity 3D blank project (2019.4.4f1), imported substance plugin (2.5.2) from asset store, added a sbsar file in the projet and created a quad using this file in the scene.

When trying to create an Archive with Xcode 11 (same with xcode12), I get the same error:
ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because '/Allegorithmic/Plugins/Substance/iOS/libSubstance.Engine.a(S00_EntryPoints.o)' was built without full bitcode. All object files and libraries for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build for architecture arm64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 08:13:24 pm

Thanks @cedtat. I will check it out to see what it going on. I will get back to you as soon as I find out what is going on. Thx,

Hi @cedtat. This is a known bug and we have it in our bug tracking system. I will add your information to the bug and when we find a fix for it we will let you know. Thx.

But you know this is a showstopper for using Substance with iOS, right?

I mean, I just started trying to use Substance in Unity by last week and it is full of obvious bugs. Sometimes I think I'm the only one using Substance, because Substance is really really unusable with all these bugs. With this bug you aren't able to create a release!

Don't get me wrong: The idea behind Substance is really really great and it's incredible what can be achieved with it. But with all these bugs, the plugin isn't production ready, by far.

Hi AliSafari, we have the same issue.
Code: [Select]
ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because '{PATH}/Libraries/Allegorithmic/Plugins/Substance/iOS/libSubstance.Engine.a(S00_EntryPoints.o)' was built without full bitcode. All object files and libraries for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build for architecture arm64

Is there already a solution for that?

Hi @freites We are still working on this issue. We will update you when we have a solution for it.

But you know this is a showstopper for using Substance with iOS, right?

I mean, I just started trying to use Substance in Unity by last week and it is full of obvious bugs. Sometimes I think I'm the only one using Substance, because Substance is really really unusable with all these bugs. With this bug you aren't able to create a release!

Don't get me wrong: The idea behind Substance is really really great and it's incredible what can be achieved with it. But with all these bugs, the plugin isn't production ready, by far.

Hi Amonius - Integrations PM here! Thanks for reporting! For the bug that is impacting building for iOS, we've got a fix in place that is currently being evaluated internally. We will have the fix in our next release which is planned to be on the Unity Asset store before the end of the year pending any findings from the internal evaluation. You mentioned there are many bugs - would you let us know what other bugs you've experienced? Important details are Unity and Substance plugin versions, project type, the steps taken to reproduce these bugs and if you are able share assets that would be helpful! Feel free to DM me or reply on this forum. Thanks!
Substance Integrations Product Manager

Hello @Amonius
Substance plugin 2.5.4 is released with iOS issue fixed. Please try it and let us know how it works for your project.

Thanks,
Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 07:10:36 pm

Hi,
I have the latest version of substance for Unity (2.5.4) and I still continue to have the same error:

ld: warning: arm64 function not 4-byte aligned: _unwind_tester from /Users/massimosarzi/Documents/Unity/BiRingGit/Biuild/ios/buildIos/Libraries/libiPhone-lib.a(unwind_test_arm64.o)
ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because '/Users/massimosarzi/Documents/Unity/BiRingGit/Biuild/ios/buildIos/Libraries/Allegorithmic/Plugins/Substance/iOS/libSubstance.Engine.a(S00_EntryPoints.o)' was built without full bitcode. All object files and libraries for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build for architecture arm64

I need to publish my app for iOS and I hope you can help me to solve this issue

Thanks
Massimo

Hi,
I have the latest version of substance for Unity (2.5.4) and I still continue to have the same error:

ld: warning: arm64 function not 4-byte aligned: _unwind_tester from /Users/massimosarzi/Documents/Unity/BiRingGit/Biuild/ios/buildIos/Libraries/libiPhone-lib.a(unwind_test_arm64.o)
ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because '/Users/massimosarzi/Documents/Unity/BiRingGit/Biuild/ios/buildIos/Libraries/Allegorithmic/Plugins/Substance/iOS/libSubstance.Engine.a(S00_EntryPoints.o)' was built without full bitcode. All object files and libraries for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build for architecture arm64

I need to publish my app for iOS and I hope you can help me to solve this issue

Thanks
Massimo

Hi @ masai2k

Can you please send the complete error log? What version of Unity are you using with 2.5.4 Plugin?
Also, can you Archive your app without Substance and see if you get the same error or not.
Can you also let us know what version of Xcode and maOS you are using?

Thx,

this is the complete error message:

bitcode bundle could not be generated because '/Users/massimosarzi/Documents/Unity/BiRingGit/Biuild/ios/buildIos2/Libraries/Allegorithmic/Plugins/Substance/iOS/libSubstance.Engine.a(S00_EntryPoints.o)' was built without full bitcode. All object files and libraries for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build for architecture arm64

I use unity 2019.4.18 with 2.5.4 plugin.
Xcode: 12.4, MacOsx Big Sur 12.2.2

It's difficult to try the build without substance plugin because I had to remove textures from my app.