Author Topic: Import sbsar UE4 and view in Material Editor  (Read 164 times)

When I import a .sbsar into UE4 using the plugin, I get a material instance. This instance can't be edited in the Material Editor (as far as I know.) However, when I import from Substance Source, I get a material instance, an parent material (which is denoted as a template). Is there a way to import sbsar through the plugin that will give me this parent material. My ultimate goal is to be able to take my sbsar import and view/edit it in the material editor.   

Thanks

When I import a .sbsar into UE4 using the plugin, I get a material instance. This instance can't be edited in the Material Editor (as far as I know.) However, when I import from Substance Source, I get a material instance, an parent material (which is denoted as a template). Is there a way to import sbsar through the plugin that will give me this parent material. My ultimate goal is to be able to take my sbsar import and view/edit it in the material editor.   

Thanks

Hey @1jarlaxle1 ,

If you click the "Generate" checkbox on the import dialogue for an imported .sbsar it will give you both the material instance and the template material (where you can edit the material using the Material Editor).

Hope this helps. :)