Author Topic: paramblock2  (Read 23783 times)

I apologize, but with all due respect, this^ is precisely the issue at hand and @KeithHudson has stated it perfectly. These issues were reported to the forum over six months ago and there has not been a fix. Adobe merger or not, this is not an acceptable timetable to be issuing critical bug fixes.
Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 06:19:39 am

It is fixed and will be in the next released version.

Hello, thank you so much for the opportunity to lay my complaints on the usage of substance in 3Ds Max, I downloaded the plugin yesterday night but anytime I convert my substance materials to vray materials and I try choosing vray as the preferred rendering machine, my 3Ds Max will crash immediately. I am using 3Ds Max 2019, Vray Next and substance in 3Ds Max 2.3.1

It is fixed and will be in the next released version.

Hi, 3ds max 2021 is out, and Substance installs with it, I tell myself a new version of the plug-in is here, great.

I'm installing 3ds 2021 and opening one of my problematic scenes, oh, "Error Loading: ParamBlock2" ............ :'( :'(

And the same if I install the new plug in 2.3.2 on Max 2020

What's the problem ? the first message of this forum dates from March 21, 2019, it's sorry, substance is great, but why give a plug-in that makes our scenes of a whole plant crash, every time I have to rework on his projects, I have a hard time having to re import the scene, re make adjustments, etc. And still it doesn't always work properly.

Failing to have a plugin that works, is there not the possibility of having a script that converts the material materials in a scene, to texture maps rendered in jpg for example, so as not to waste any more time. And of course I would no longer use the plug in .. too bad.

I notice that this forum has been read more than 11000, who therefore surely encountered the problem ..

Thanks in advance,

We have two options available to finalize the issue, each that will take time to complete. We've talked to Autodesk about what the solutions are, as they have had to deal with it as well.

I think we've close to decided which one to go with, but the decision has no clear winner between the two. Each will have negative consequences.

11,000 is the page views, so it cannot be taken as a hard metric of people viewing.
Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 04:08:19 pm
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, 3ds Max and Core Libraries

Ok thanks for the reply, hope it will be here soon.

Yes for the "views", that is to say that I dont think that there are only a dozen people concerned.

Regards,

I'm not quite sure why the plugin was released in the first place since it's almost completely broken, it has been corrupting all of my 3DS Max 2020 scene files, and merging the old scenes into new ones just doesn't cut it as a workaround, many substance2 shaders need to be reloaded and regenerated from scratch, the amount of wasted time and frustration have been colossal. I really hope it gets fixed soon, the integration would potentially streamline my workflow quite a bit.

We will be planning on implementing a final fix for this in a later release, but it will necessitate removing support for 3ds Max 2018. The main tool for easily handling this was introduced in 3ds Max 2019.

We will be planning on implementing a final fix for this in a later release, but it will necessitate removing support for 3ds Max 2018. The main tool for easily handling this was introduced in 3ds Max 2019.
thanks for the update, although seems like we won't be getting an ETA? Slightly worrying as "later release" is a bit vague...I don't think I'm alone in hoping the issue will finally be resolved in a few months, tops.

The version number will be 2.4.0 most likely, since supported versions of 3ds Max would have to change.

There's no picked date for that yet, and we don't know how many patch releases (2.3.3, 2.3.4) that will do as well.

It should be resolved within a few months, I would prefer before the end of June, but other things may come up that we have to do.
Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 03:29:54 pm

Alright thanks, that definitely sounds more reassuring. Looking forward to it. ;)

We want to do some changes in infrastructure first. When done, we should be able to have more frequent releases than before.

Installed the Substance plugin 2.3.4 on the latest 3ds Max 2021. Worked on a project for two days. Now I am getting the parameter block error. Cannot open my project anymore. What is the solution? Need to resolve this asap

The fix will be in the 2.4.0 version. This will be released after ironing out some final issues with the changes made.

2.4.0 will be out soon - with a significant internal rewrite to make this occur. It will not fix any previously broken scenes, but should keep this from ever occurring again, including updating previous plugin versions, and keeping merging scenes from breaking scenes.

There is some final testing to do over the next few days to make sure all changes work as is expected.