Author Topic: Substance Integration Plugin does not Work in Modo 14.0 - 14.1  (Read 642 times)

Hi, guys,

i try in vain to install the Substance plugin. I have downloaded it from the Substance (https://www.substance3d.com/ecosystem-plug-ins/substance-in-modo/) for version 14. I dragged the file into the open program as desired and got a message that it was installed and I should restart Modo. I did that and it is not from Substance to see the texture menu, not even in the content folder at Kits. Off I can't add a Substance in the Shader tree.
So what am I doing wrong?
My system is a 2019 MacPro with a Vega Pro II Duo and 48 GB Ran. System is macOS Catalina 10.15.6. Tested Modo Modo14.0v2_MacOS.pkg and the latest Modo 14.1v1...

Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 10:23:45 am
MacPro 7,1@3.3GHz 12C | 48 GB Ram | AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo | 1 TB SSD

Hello, is anyone here from Adobe Substance? I'd like to be able to work with it. It's quite tedious to export everything and then load it into the shader one by one. What is the problem with the plugin?

I've just made another video of this. As you can see, Modo 14.0 does not work with the plugin.
The Modo 14.1 version had some problems because you cannot run two Modo versions in parallel. But it doesn't work there with a clean installation either.
I would like to get more support here from ADOBE and Substance. After all I pay for it too. Since days I can't make progress with my work.

Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 10:44:57 am

Hi! Integrations PM here! Haven't seen this one before... I've forwarded it to the engineers to asses and will follow up with more info.
Substance Integrations Product Manager

Hi! Integrations PM here! Haven't seen this one before... I've forwarded it to the engineers to asses and will follow up with more info.

All right, thank you very much for an answer.

Modo 14.1 released post our last plugin drop so it was not tested prior to our latest version but I see that you experienced this on 14.0 as well. We will keep trying to repro but our engineers did suggest trying the following to see if this can fix the issue you are having. Take a look at the steps below and let me know if this helps.
  • Rename the substance .lpk download to .zip
  • Create a SubstanceInModo14.0 folder in his Kits folder (based on your video, it shows the kits folder)
  • Unzip the contents of the zip file into the newly created SubstanceInModo14.0 folder
  • Launch Modo
Substance Integrations Product Manager

Okay, so this way it works for both versions on my system. Substance shows up in the Kits menu and everything seems to work as expected. Sure, I'll keep working with the 14.0 to avoid problems. But thanks for the quick help and support.

Hi there,

I just wanted to jump onto one of these threads to note that I'm pretty impressed with the latest kit but there are some issues I've noticed. I've only been playing around with it for a few hours, so I'll post again if I note more bugs or issues.

-Metallic texture layers never set the effect up correctly and must be manually fixed each time
-Modo crashes 100% of the time if you try to load a map that is unavailable for a shader, however, it's not always clear what is available
-Super slow loading any files with a substance material

Nothing deal-breaking but it would be nice to see those issues fixed.