Author Topic: Building for Switch - Substances don't cook  (Read 1353 times)

Hi there!

Seems like the Substance Plugin for UE4 (built from Source - 4.23 release branch) doesn't cook textures when building for Nintendo Switch. Every material using Substance falls back to Unreal default material.
Works perfectly on PC build.

Is this a known issue?
Or is there a specific version for Switch development?

I just copied the Marketplace plugin into my UE4 source build - do we need to compile a Substance Plugin source with the engine? If yes - where to get the source?

Substance is awesome, but without being able to build for Switch we can't use it in out project.
Thanks for your help!

best regards,
Ron

Is there any support for Switch, I can see that the plugin does not have runtime support, but can you at least bake the materials out for the switch?

Thanks,
--BT

Hi there!

Seems like the Substance Plugin for UE4 (built from Source - 4.23 release branch) doesn't cook textures when building for Nintendo Switch. Every material using Substance falls back to Unreal default material.
Works perfectly on PC build.

Is this a known issue?
Or is there a specific version for Switch development?

I just copied the Marketplace plugin into my UE4 source build - do we need to compile a Substance Plugin source with the engine? If yes - where to get the source?

Substance is awesome, but without being able to build for Switch we can't use it in out project.
Thanks for your help!

best regards,
Ron

Hey @ron@bitsalive.com ,

@spacerabbit@gmail.com is correct. The Substance plugin for UE4 4.23 does not have runtime support for Switch. You would need to bake out the textures to use them.