Author Topic: [Designer] [Normal Baking] "Compute tangent space per fragment" for Unity  (Read 205 times)

Hitting an issue in latest version of Designer when ripping normals for Unity 2020 using HDRP and UniversalRP. Unity now requires "Compute tangent space per fragment" to be checked when generating normal maps if you want them synced with editor. Painter already supports a way to correct for this when you create a project. However I cannot fix this issue in Designer. Can someone point me to a tutorial or add support for this in future updates of designer?

This image shows what a cube with stressed normals looks like when you bake Normals in Designer

This image shows what a cube with stressed normals looks like when you bake Normals in Painter with "Compute tangent space per fragment" checked

Here is the settings I have tried to change to get Designer to bake correctly. I tried toggling this on and off and it doesnt fix baking normals for Unity.

Any help people can provide would be greatly appreciated,
Stephen
Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 10:34:22 pm

Use the unreal tangent space plugin (I don't remember the plugin exact name,  don't have access to a computer..).
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

Thanks for the suggestion, Setting Designer to the Unreal Dll fixed the issue. Substance might want to update documentation to take this into account!!!

Do you have any reference to when Unity 2020 required Compute tangent space per fragment for normal maps now? It was the opposite forever and I never did see an announcement on this.