Author Topic: Random Crashes  (Read 929 times)

I recently purchased Substance Painter but using it has become a love-hate relationship. I love the features and workflow but I hate the crashes. I did not sign up to be a beta tester. I spent my money on the software.

Anyway, rant aside, my problem is when I try and paint an alpha mask the software will randomly crash. I updated to the latest version and the crash still continues. I am using v1.1.0.548 on a PC with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (the crash also occurred in v1.0.2.520).

My project is not complicated... I am simply following the Digital Tutors "Introduction to Substance Painter" tutorial.

Please let me know if this is a known issue or if I should just give up on this software for now.

I've been having a few crashes related to the Levels effect when applied on masks with the latest build but that's pretty much it.
Could you give us your full specs please?
Also, did you send a crash report using the automatic report tool?

My system specs for this PC are as follows...
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4GHz
Memory: 4GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo (Intel G41 chipset)
Video: NVidia GTX 560 TI (driver v344.75)

Yes, I sent quite a few crash reports before I gave up and posted. It seems to crash after only a few brush strokes.

It is a pity there is no crash recovery save as you can lose quite a lot of work without it. I am lucky this is only a Digital Tutors tutorial. Can imagine it would be very frustrating to lose some important work.

Let me know if you need any other information.